ABOTMA was founded in Harrietville on 27 April 2013, at the site where, for more than 20 years, musicians have gathered to play and share music at the foot of Mount Hotham in the Victorian Alps. ABOTMA has commenced building affiliations with bluegrass & old time music organisations, teachers, and performers within the region and internationally, and in particular with the USA where these music forms originated. Over time, an Australasian ‘flavour’ will no doubt develop as the music evolves through local influences. The broad mission of ABOTMA Inc. is to support the teaching, performance, and promotion of bluegrass & old time music.
This support extends to:
- sponsoring and coordinating workshops, masterclasses, and music seminars
- organising performances by bands and solo artists in urban and rural concerts and festivals
- awarding scholarships and prizes for achievements in bluegrass & old time music
- cooperating and collaborating with affiliated music organisations.
- MountainGrass Bluegrass Festival
Anyone is welcome to become a member and take an active role in contributing to the Association and its activities.
(annual memberships run from July 1 to June 30)